The principle behind inbound marketing is to follow your target market throughout their entire buying cycle, from the time they first come into contact with your brand until they become devoted clients.
The inbound marketing methodology is built on a number of non-intrusive strategies that assist firms in:
- Drive traffic and visitors to their website.
- By pushing connections who may be interested in converting and who are likely to build a long-term relationship, you can persuade these visitors to become clients.
- Automate the marketing procedure to speed up the conversion generation process.
It’s important to emphasize the importance of non-invasive methods. Instead of disrupting customers’ daily lives with intrusive advertising, you should invite customers to come to you.
Definition of Inbound Marketing
The practice of producing content or even experiences that are especially suited to your audience or the audience you wish to attract is what is referred to as inbound marketing. This makes it easier for you to interact with them naturally.
Five Foundational Elements of Inbound Marketing
Knowing the five pillars of inbound marketing—traffic attraction, conversion, marketing automation, loyalty, and analytics—will help you comprehend it better.
1. Attracting Traffic
Attracting visitors to your company website is the first step. Therefore, you should put more effort into attracting quality visitors to your company website, users who fit your buyer persona or ideal customer profile, rather than trying to attract large amounts of traffic.
This can be done in a number of ways, including:
- When you utilize SEO to position your website at the top of the main search engines, it will show up at the perfect time in response to user needs.
- Offering users useful content when they need it will boost the process of content marketing.
- Use social media as a means of dissemination to spread your material to users.
You want visitors to your website to leave their information so that they can become leads and continue to get information from you.
Giving users valuable content in exchange for their contact information is a tried-and-true method of turning them from users into potential customers. However, there are a variety of additional choices available, including meetings, test demos, or communication over the phone or chat. In any case, the objective is always to collect their data and add it to your database.
3. Marketing Automation
Systematizing the process through which you communicate with your prospects until they become customers is the foundation of this pillar of inbound marketing. You can do this using methods like:
- Scoring first. a method based on creating a system of evaluation that enables you to unbiasedly evaluate the possibility of a lead becoming a client.
- Nurturing the lead. You create a number of automatic flows based on the lead qualities and the score to give contacts pertinent information tailored to their needs.
When you successfully turn prospects into clients, the process isn’t over. The next stage is to use loyalty methods, such as newsletters, offers, and incentives, to retain these customers with you for as long as you can.
Creating a successful loyalty plan is very advantageous for businesses since keeping existing customers is far less expensive than finding new ones from scratch.
If you don’t have a method for tracking and analyzing the results, no inbound marketing strategy is complete. To determine if your plan is effective or not, you must carefully define your KPIs (key performance indicators), which are the most pertinent measures.
Setting up regular controls to review the outcomes and, if necessary, modify the pre-established procedures is also crucial. This will help your inbound marketing approach.
Inbound Marketing Funnel Conversion
The foundation of inbound marketing is following consumers along the way from the first time they interact with you until they become devoted clients. As a result, it’s critical to understand the specifics of how this process operates as well as the best strategies for each stage.
A crucial tool for comprehending this procedure is the conversion funnel. The many phases of the consumer journey are graphically represented. Because there are fewer users at each level, the funnel shape is the result. The amount of users we need to draw to the website must be more than X if we want to convert X number of visitors.
In the conversion funnel, we can distinguish three main stages:
- TOFU (top of the funnel or initial contact) (top of the funnel or first contact). Users in this stage have just realized they have a need that they are attempting to meet. We must therefore have material in this phase that addresses a variety of user demands, such as ebooks, infographics, or tutorials. Also, we can make use of native advertising, social network video campaigns, and display ads.
- MOFU (in the center of the funnel, while the user is assessing different possibilities) (in the middle of the funnel, when the user is evaluating different options). After making the initial enquiry, consumers explore other possibilities that might be able to satisfy their demands. Thus, it is essential to provide material with a greater level of specialization, such as expert interviews, in-depth how-to manuals, client endorsements, or product demonstration videos. Email marketing, social media advertising, and retargeting are some of the best advertising tactics.
- BOFU (bottom of the funnel or closing the transaction) (bottom of the funnel or closing the sale). Users are nearly prepared to convert at this point. We can entice them with free trials, launch deals, and exclusive services. SEM and social media advertisements can be useful in this situation.
Benefits of Inbound Marketing
The advantages of inbound marketing are self-evident. The “Inbound Marketing Outcomes” study reveals that using this practice enables you to:
- With every 370 visits, provide qualified leads and around 12 registrations.
- Increase the number of qualified marketing contacts for the company by two in a year and by seven in two.
- In a year, multiply leads by 5, and in two years, by 14.
- Boost website traffic to your site. This can be multiplied by 4 the first year and by 12 the following year.
- A functional marketplace for businesses across all industries. B2B sees a higher percentage of visits turn into registrations, whereas B2C sees a higher rise in total visits.
But statistics don’t tell the whole story. It’s important to keep in mind that inbound marketing is a long-term investment that increases the value of your business’s assets. We were able to accomplish the following results as a result of inbound marketing.
- own content that establishes the business as an industry authority and is lucrative over the long term.
- independent of payment method, own channels for organic and direct customer acquisition.
- a growing list of qualified contacts in a database.
- expanded community and reach for the brand.
- increasing number of visits and interactions strengthening the employer brand.
- a number of marketing automation procedures that save resources permanently.
ALSO READ : 11 Must-have Marketing Manager Skills
We sincerely hope that the information provided here will be useful in helping you to plan your thoughts and learn more about inbound marketing and how Tanya Digital employs it. We advise reading this post if you want to keep learning new things.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) benefits for inbound marketing and how it can assist you draw in targeted visitors to your website.
- Content: A key component of inbound marketing is content strategy. Learn the secret to producing pertinent and worthwhile content to draw in more visitors.
- Social networks are an essential avenue for diffusion in your inbound marketing approach. Learn how to use both free and paid choices.
- Creating Leads: The objective of any inbound marketing approach is to regularly create qualified leads.
- Both inbound and outbound marketing might aid in the achievement of your objectives. You can learn about their distinctions and how to use them in your plan here.
The most crucial step launching your own inbound marketing plan—must not be overlooked. We would be honored to support you in achieving your objectives and join your team if you’re seeking for strategies to draw in new clients and keep them over the long term. In order to make your life easier, we can assist you in bringing people to your website, guiding them through the conversion process, and automating the communication process.